title

Board/Member meeting schedule

HOME Forums LBHA Board Matters Board/Member meeting schedule

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Rock Spring Hollow Farm 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Member: GA Bob Hayles
    Bob Hayles
    Participant

When are board meetings and member meetings, how are they conducted (teleconference, in person, etc), how is the membership notified (I’ve been a member for a bit over a year and have NEVER gotten notification of any meetings, elections, etc…and my email works just fine and the spam folder is checked daily), and where can what happened be found? Minutes of board meetings seem to have ended after the 4th quarter of 2014 and the only record I find on the website of any member meeting is from the July 16, 2011 annual membership meeting.

RESOURCES

If there is a record of meetings elsewhere that I am not seeing please direct me to the right URL.

Thanks

#21521 Reply
    Member: OK Phillip & Dena Parham
    Phillip & Dena Parham
    Participant

following

#21628 Reply
    Bob Hayles
    Participant

The question was asked on July 1. It is now August 18 and no answer yet. Does the board not feel LBHA members have a right to know the answer to the question(s) asked in the OP?

#21629 Reply
    Member: IN heritagemeadowsfarm
    heritagemeadowsfarm
    Participant

Mr Hayles,

Yes you were informed of the information you requested to the best of my abilities at that time. So since you seem to need it again here goes;

1. Board meetings are done by teleconference. Which is stated in the By-Laws.

2. The membership is not personally notified of when we are having our next board meeting, of which is for the board not the membership. The only “notification” is when we set the meeting at that board meeting which will in turn place the date in the minutes. I am working on a set schedule for the board meetings, again which is for the board not the membership. Which is stated in the By-Laws

3. What happened in the meetings is placed in the minutes. Which is stated in the By-Laws

4. Elections: The Secretary of the Association shall mail a ballot for election of Directors to
    each active member no less than 30 days prior to the annual elections. No ballot shall
    be counted as valid unless such ballot shall have been postmarked prior to midnight of
    the designated election deadline. Results of the election shall be announced in the next
    newsletter, which shall be mailed to all active members. That is out of the By-Laws.

5. Yes we are actively working on the minutes issue.

6. There was an issue with the 2015 annual meeting and we were not able to log on to it. We were not brought on the board till the last quarter 2014 per the minutes so I cannot attest to prior annual meetings.

Alan McKamey
    VP

#21683 Reply
    Bob Hayles
    Participant

It is nice to see an update to the board meeting minutes…though they seem rather incomplete. Until recently they only went through the 4th quarter of 2014. January – March of 2015 was added but it then skips to April of 2016, and nothing since then. Were there no board meetings in April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December of 2015?

Also, I noted the last minutes posted are for March of 2016. I don’t know what y’all have done in the way of board meetings since then but I know for a fact there has been at least one meeting since. I know because after I started posting questions and issues on the Board Matters and Support forums, as well as making a complaint in the ticket system about threatening posts from a board member to myself and another member, I got a call from another board member.

He said an emergency meeting had been called for the next day to discuss my issues. The meeting happened because I talked to him AFTER the meeting to find out the results of at least my complaint about the threatening posts. I was told the board made no decision, that they left it up to Alec (association president) and that he had said he would make a decision and post it on the website AND the Facebook page by that afternoon.

Three problems:

1. A complaint is made rewgarding threats by a board member against association members and the board doesn’t make decisions regarding the issue, instead delegating it to a single person to decide?

2. This was a couple of months ago. Nothing posted on the website. Nothing posted on the Facebook page. Both were promised by “that afternoon”.

3. Where are the minutes of that meeting?

#21688 Reply

Alec Bradford

Mr Hayles,

As patient as we have been with you both in private conversations and on the forum it has been accurately pointed out that your conduct constitutes harassment. Our decision regarding “threats” made against you was communicated to you. The reason I was unable to post the same day was due to a massive head injury I suffered.

My patience is at an end. The LBHA is here to serve the needs of the breed and promote its viability. The board exists to assist members as best we can, we are happy to perform our duties and we try to do so as quickly as possible, given we all run our own businesses and have small children and other family to attend to.

We will attend to any technical difficulties as they arise, we cannot do house calls to be certain every member has a computer compatible with every aspect of the site. Unfortunately we cannot teach manners and good graces either. I will contact you if you need anything further from the board. Please consider this an invitation to discontinue your posts on the forum.

#21718 Reply
    Bob Hayles
    Participant

Alec, just a quick note to let you know that on the advice of my attorney I am declining your invitation to discontinue posting on the forum. More soon.

#21720 Reply
    Member: tennessee
    Rock Spring Hollow Farm
    Participant

Bob is this pissing match really necessary …. We are here to promote the breed and its welfare. Yeah LBHA has its issues as does all entities. To promote and better something is to help improve things not threaten … Just hurts the breed we all so dearly love …

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Board/Member meeting schedule
Your information: