title

Boars and Gilts in Oklahoma

HOME Forums Buying or Selling Large Black Hogs Boars and Gilts in Oklahoma

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Lloyd Payne Lloyd Payne 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Member: OK Lloyd Payne
    Lloyd Payne
    Participant

I have a few LB boars and gilts available. Super and Matilda or Longfellow and Matilda. Ages are 14 weeks and older. Call, text, or email for prices. Trades also considered.

#22596 Reply
    Member: OK Barry Hollis
    Barry Hollis
    Participant

Would you please forward the registration numbers of the boars? Need to compute CI% to confirm compatibility with my sows. Thank you, Barry

#22597 Reply
    Lloyd Payne
    Participant

I currently have Piggin Super 12/5, Piggin Super 14/6, and Piggin Super 16/1. I also have another that I haven’t submitted yet that is a out of SOS Super 1/5 and Piggin Matilda 4/2. Depending on the right person I may be interested in selling my older boar Clark”s Longfellow 6/6

#22599 Reply
    Barry Hollis
    Participant

Lloyd,

After running the numbers, appears Piggin Super 12/5 will get me between 10-12% CI with my gilts and sows.

I would prefer to trade, but let me know the price.

As for trading, I have a boar, gilts and barrows available out of the Pickle Meadows litter born 30-Aug-16 at 10.7% …
    Pickle Meadows Longfellow 3/4 7842 (boar)
    Pickle Meadows Prudence 3/1 7839
    Pickle Meadows Prudence 3/2 7840
    Pickle Meadows Prudence 3/3 7841

Also, I have a registered sow C&C Prudence 2/5 6912 available for trading.

I am available this week or next weekend to drive down.

If you have any photos or weight available, please forward. Please email me to move forward with the discussion: bfhollis@mailbox.org

Thank you,
    Barry Hollis

Pickle Meadows Farm
    Kellyville, OK

#22600 Reply
    Lloyd Payne
    Participant

I been waiting to reply until I knew for sure boar 12/5 was still available. He is on his way to Nebraska. However, boar 14/6 is essentially the same breeding. He us only 3 weeks younger. He is available for $300. I may be interested in a trade for one of you Prudence gilts.

#22602 Reply
    Barry Hollis
    Participant

I’m good moving forward with the 14/6 boar. Contact me at bfhollis@mailbox.org to coordinate pickup and possible trade. Thank you, Barry

#22638 Reply
    Member: MO
    Amy Dickson
    Participant

Do you still have a Piggin Super boar? We have a Defender 6/1 7849 boar we would be willing trade. We live in SE Missouri.

#22640 Reply
    Barry Hollis
    Participant

Amy,

Per the posts above, I just traded a gilt for a Piggin Super 14/6 and plan on keeping him for up to two years for breeding.

I realize they are young, but just had a litter of 7 piglets on January 2, 2017. I have two of the three boars remaining for sale or trade for a breeding stock gilt or young sow. They are solid little beasts, so I am keeping one myself for future breeding.

In the process of getting litter certificate, but they have the following genetics:
    Sire: PICKLE MEADOWS SUPER 1/3 7395
    Dam: PARHAM PHARM PRUDENCE 2/7 5991
    Offspring CI: 11.3%

They will be ready for pickup at the beginning of March: I keep them with sow for a minimum of eight weeks.

I can be reached at bfhollis@mailbox.org if you prefer to discuss offline or want photos.

Thank you,
    Barry

#22643 Reply
    Lloyd Payne
    Participant

I currently have 2 Piggin Super boars available. I would consider making an even trade for your Defender boar. I can be contacted at 405-300-4011.

#22655 Reply
    Amy Dickson
    Participant

Lloyd,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We are rather new at this and slowly feeling our way. Can you please provide the parent info for the Piggin Super boars so I run some numbers? If it works, an even trade would be fine, but would like to maybe meet somewhere between farms.

Thank you,
    Amy

#22656 Reply
    Lloyd Payne
    Participant

The oldest boar I have available is Piggin Super 16/1 7906. I have another that is out of my SOS Super 1/5 6951 and a Piggin Matilda sow. I will have to get the exact info on that one for you later.

#22657 Reply
    Amy Dickson
    Participant

How old are your boars?

#22658 Reply
    Lloyd Payne
    Participant

The younger boar is a SOS Super 1/5 x Piggin Matilda 4/2 boar farrowed on 9/23/16. The Piggin Super 16/1 was farrowed on 8/22/16.

#22659 Reply
    Amy Dickson
    Participant

Is Piggin Super 16/1 out of Piggin Matilada 4/2 as well?

#22660 Reply
    Lloyd Payne
    Participant

16/1 is out of Cornish Super 45/2 and Piggin Matilda 1/2.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Boars and Gilts in Oklahoma
Your information: