title

Does anyone EVER actually answer questions here?

HOME Forums General Does anyone EVER actually answer questions here?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Mark and MaLea Easterly Mark and MaLea Easterly 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Member: GA Bob Hayles
    Bob Hayles
    Participant

I’m not sure where this post should go, so I am cross-posting it here and in support.

The post title pretty much says it all: “Does anyone EVER actually answer questions here?” I am a noob to pigs in general and LB’s in particular. I bought three pigs…an LB gilt and two LB/Berkshire crosses…on April 30th of this year, the LB to breed and the crosses for the freezer this winter. I joined the LBHA when I bought the pigs and registered my LB gilt.

Being a newbie I had questions…a lot of questions. Not wanting to be a pest by asking a whole lot of questions right off the bat I asked a few and waited for an answer, intending to ask more as I went along and as answers generated more questions.

Imagine my surprise when first days, then weeks, and now two months (approximately) have passed…and no answers, and looking back thru the forum I see that months and months often go by with questions going unanswered if they EVER get answered, hence the post title which bears repeating:

Does anyone EVER actually answer questions here?

I know that folks here weren’t born with complete knowledge about pigs and Large Blacks. I know that someone helped the folks here get started by answering questions they had when they were noobs like me.

I also know that when folks have helped me I tend to do the same for others on down the road. Its kind of the ethical thing to do, ya know?

#20941 Reply
    Member: WI NorthernMarsh
    NorthernMarsh
    Participant

Good morning Bob,

I’m sorry, I must have missed your questions (or not had a viable answer) the last time I was on the boards. I generally look at the time stamp on the side of the forums and see if anything new was posted since the last time I was on.

I’ll take a run through the boards and see if I can offer any advise for you. You are certainly correct that we’re not born with complete knowledge on pigs and the LBH are a breed apart from many other pigs.

If you have specific questions, please feel free to drop me an eMail (scrandall@northernmarshfarms.com) and I’d be more than happy to see if I can help you out, or at least point you in the right direction.

Thanks,

Have a great day,

Sam

#20946 Reply
    NorthernMarsh
    Participant

I think I touched on all that hadn’t had any responses (feeling stalked yet?<g>).

Again, if you have any questions feel free to drop me an eMail. I’m always more than happy to see if I can help, and if nothing else talk hogs.

Sam

#20947 Reply
    Member: GA Bob Hayles
    Bob Hayles
    Participant

Sam, thanks for the response(s)…And no…I don’t feel eyes boring into my back…yet…LOL.

I’m sure I’ll have more questions as time goes by (I can think of one…or TEN right now!), and I’ll probably be emailing you, however…

I really like using forums for the basics at least. That way when another newbie comes along the answer is already there for them so they can save everyone, you and them, time by not having to repeat the answer(s) over and over.

Again…thanks, and we’ll be “talking” soon.

Bob

#20950 Reply
    NorthernMarsh
    Participant

LoL no problem at all. I agree with using the boards as much as possible for easy reference for others and to get other opinions whenever possible.

#21051 Reply
    Member: SD Tdairy
    Tdairy
    Participant

Bob,
    Just saw your post, wanted to let you know I will be more than happy to help with anything I can. I see you like the for forums to so will try and watch them more also feel free to e-mail me. That is the best way to get a hold of me.
    Ty

#21085 Reply
    Member: AR whanna
    whanna
    Participant

Bob,
    My husband and I got into the LB family about a year and a half ago and have started having litters last year. We are rookies and have learned ALOT about LBs. We are bad about checking the website. But if we an be of any help in answering your questions, feel free to contact us directly at wwhanna@cox.net or (479) 586-8010. FYI, we absolutely love our Large Blacks.
    God Bless

#21203 Reply
    Member: OR Mark and MaLea Easterly
    Mark and MaLea Easterly
    Participant

Hi Bob! If I can help you with anything, just let me know! I raise three different registered breeds, Tamworths, Berkshires, and Herefords. Hopefully, one day I can get my LBHA’s papers back from the organization and it will be my fourth breed. My Large Blacks and Berks are my absolute favorites.
    Please contact me anytime, I love to talk Heritage Hogs!

MaLea Easterly – mneasterly@gmail.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Does anyone EVER actually answer questions here?
Your information: