title

Kudos to fellow breeders

HOME Forums Buying or Selling Large Black Hogs Kudos to fellow breeders

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Shire Gate 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Shire Gate
    Participant

I thought it would be nice to have a place that we could give thanks to fellow breeders. That give us the opportunity to experience a wonderful purchasing experience. Who sell great stock that are healthy and have they’re papers in order. This in no way is endorsed by the LBHA.

I just thought it would be nice to promote breeders that should be recognized. As always you should do your own due diligence to ensure your individual purchase.

~We’ve had great luck with RCD Ranch, Caroline Ellisor out of Texas. She was wonderful to deal with, great pricing, very knowledgeable and you could really tell she loves her animals. It was a great first purchase for us! She even calls to see how Dwight is doing!

~Deanna

#17178 Reply

largebla
    Keymaster

My first 2 pigs came from Rima Kittley and she was wonderful to deal with! We got beautiful pigs from her (actually the gilt came from South TX heritage pork via Rima) and she was so helpful and answered all questions. When the first litter was born, I dealt with Gayle Smith from GA and Brett Day from IN and both were fantastic! Can’t say enough good about dealing with them. Also, Rima got a gilt from me later and it was a pleasure to see her again and visit. Nice idea, Deanna!

#17179 Reply

Shire Gate
    Participant

~Alec Bradford with Leaping Water Farms in Virgina is another breeder we’ve had a great purchase of 4 Charlotte gilts. He’s very knowledgeable, knows his bloodlines and is always up for talking about LB’s. He even met me to deliver the gilts, just as Caroline did with Dwight. It’s so nice to have breeders out there that go the extra mile to help people get started. I’m glad you like the idea Steph!! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Kudos to fellow breeders
Your information: