title

Pig Vomitting

HOME Forums Hog Health Pig Vomitting

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by chhogs chhogs 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Diana Somerville
    Participant

Has anyone had a pig vomit? One of my 3 month old piglets seemed just fine this morning but this afternoon, he wouldn’t come out to eat. I knew something was up then so I looked in his hut and he was vomitting. It was white with no blood in it. I did feed them some milk, yogurt and bread earlier in the day. I don’t normally do that, could that cause it? I know alot of people give their pigs milk and bread so I don’t think that is the problem. Anything specific to look for?

#17146 Reply

largebla
    Keymaster

A few things come to mind. Cow’s milk is harder to digest and a piglet’s digestive system is still developing until they are 6 months old. If he’s not used to it that may have caused the upset. Keep an eye on him and if it persist I would recommend talking to your vet or maybe taking him in.

#17147 Reply

Diana Somerville
    Participant

Helen, thanks for the post. I think you called it. I went out to feed this morning and he was acting just fine. I think I’ll stop the “treats” for the 3 little pigs until they are older.

#17155 Reply
    Member: MO chhogs
    chhogs
    Participant

Hmm… we feed our piglets raw cow’s milk on a regular basis & have not seen a problem. We do mix it in well with the grain.

Try adding it with the grain & putting some extra water so that is well diluted. Dairy is REALLY good for them 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Pig Vomitting
Your information: