title

Pregtone " pregnancy detector"

HOME Forums Hog Health Pregtone " pregnancy detector"

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by heritagemeadowsfarm heritagemeadowsfarm 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Member: MD
    katharine
    Participant

Has anyone used a preg-tone sonic pregnancy detector, or similar tool? I see the preg tone 2 is much cheaper, wanting to know if anyone has experience! Thanks
    Katharine
    Backbone Food Farm

#21487 Reply
    Member: GA Bob Hayles
    Bob Hayles
    Participant

Two and a half years with no response. Wonderful!

#21488 Reply
    Member: IN heritagemeadowsfarm
    heritagemeadowsfarm
    Participant

Nope never used and dont care to spend money on a device that I can tell for free by watching for belly drop

#21489 Reply
    Bob Hayles
    Participant

Ahhh, but Al, some of us…many of us?…are newbies. I know I am, sitting here waiting for my first litter to be born any day…hour?…minute?…second?… now. I’m seeing what you call “belly drop” here towards the end, but just from looking I would not have recognized that my pig(s) were pregnant until the last month or so. Having a way to know shortly after breeding if it “took” or if I needed to get a pair back together again would have been helpful.

You gotty remember…a lot of us are like Sgt Schultz on “Hogan’s Heros”….”I know nothing!”.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Bob Hayles Bob Hayles.
    #21491 Reply
    Bob Hayles
    Participant

I edited that last comment for spelling/typo errors 3 times. None took. I still look illiterate.

#21493 Reply
    heritagemeadowsfarm
    Participant

Well when I see a breeding i put it the program then wait around 21 days and if they dont go back to breeding then she took if they go back at it then I change the program and wait again 21 days

#21495 Reply
    Bob Hayles
    Participant

That brings up a question. When I first wean the litter the sow will come back into estrus in 3-5 days, right? I plan to have her in a breeding pen after weaning and bring the boar there. After I see them breed (the purpose of a breeding pen for me, as I can’r see everywhere) and I turn them back out to pasture, do I bring them back to the pen 21 days later and see if they breed again? If I just leave them out in the pasture I don’t know if they breed again or not, unless I just happen to be nearby at the time.

#21496 Reply
    heritagemeadowsfarm
    Participant

They will cycle approx every 21 days till they take. The way that you handle the logistics of your mating’s is up to you

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Pregtone " pregnancy detector"
Your information: