title

Understanding, and creating Bloodlines

HOME Forums Hog How-To's Understanding, and creating Bloodlines

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  largebla 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

largebla
    Keymaster

Hello everyone, Is there a link on here about understanding Bloodlines.

How can I research this more on the LBH. I need to know how to look at creating our own bloodline. I hope I’m phrasing this right.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Patrick

#18203 Reply
    Member: MO chhogs
    chhogs
    Participant

Hey Patrick,

You cannot create your own bloodline. You can create your own herd name like ours is Cornish. The bloodlines stay the same from generation to generation. The male (boar) piglets ALWAYS take the name of the sire & the female (gilt) piglets ALWAYS take the name of the sow.

SO for example if you mate Cornish Majestic 11/5 1219 (Pet Name Mick) to RF MATILDA 2/3 *0347 (Pet Name Molly) the boar piglets born will be Majestics & the the gilts will be Matildas. This actually makes reading & understanding the registration papers / genealogies easy. Believe you me, some pedigrees out there for other animals are so confusing it, it isn’t even funny!

Hope this helps,

Liz

http://www.cornishheritagehogs.com

Missouri

#18204 Reply

largebla
    Keymaster

Good Morning Liz, I see now, and it makes good sense that your not creating a new bloodline ( What a Rookie I, am, lol) So I know get what folks are doing, breeding what they think are great genetics and putting their name on them.

Thanks Liz, You are the Master, and I am the Student.

Hope Richard is feeling better.

-Patrick.

Did you get a chance to watch the Video I sent you?

#18207 Reply
    Member: MO chhogs
    chhogs
    Participant

LOL! No Master here – still learning but just trying to help folks learn & not make the same mistakes that we have made.

Liz

http://www.cornishheritagehogs.com

Missouri

#18210 Reply

largebla
    Keymaster

Your help, is Very much Appreciated.

Thanks

Patrick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Understanding, and creating Bloodlines
Your information: