title

CI Calculation for registered hogs

HOME Forums Support CI Calculation for registered hogs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Duane Luzier Duane Luzier 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Member: PA Duane Luzier
    Duane Luzier
    Participant

When requesting a manual CI calculation, on the first page of the request you will see a RED “STOP” sign and a statements that reads the following :

This form is to allow you to request a CI calculation on animals that are not in our database. If your animals are in our database then you can get an instant result using the instant CI calculator by clicking HERE :

If you click on the “HERE” it takes you to the page where you enter the SIRE and DAM from the drop down list and you will receive your CI Calculation instantly rather than waiting for Support to enter the same information for you. Thank you.

Please email treasurer@largeblackhogassociation.org if you have any questions or need help getting your Manual CI Calculations on hogs that are on the Registry.

Kelly Luzier
    LBHA Treasurer

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Duane Luzier Duane Luzier. Reason: I didnt like the way it read
    #20736 Reply
    Member: Mississippi Hogfeathers
    Hogfeathers
    Participant

Sorry I was under the impression it was not accurate. When I got a 0% the first time i was told it was learning, but thank you for confirming.

#20741 Reply
    Member: PA Duane Luzier
    Duane Luzier
    Participant

Hogfeathers,
    I need to give you a huge thank you! After replying to your ticket inquiry, I became concerned that it may be incorrect. I called and spoke with Felicia concerning the CI calculator and I told her that you and I had both gotten a 0%. She did a quick CI on the Breeder’s Assistance database on your pairings, and it showed 11.8% and 12%. I found that your B & B Prudence does not show up when you do a search. Felicia then went in and changed the “&” on your sow and did the CI on the manual calculator and it changed the CI calculation!!! If you hadn’t told me that there may be a problem, I wouldn’t have questioned it and we would not have figured out what at least part of the problem was. I do apologize however that the CI calculations on your pairings are now 11.8% and 12%, still under the national average for heritage hogs. thank you so much!! Felicia will be giving this new information to our webmaster to see if he has an easy fix for it since there are 257 hogs with the “&” in the database. If you have any questions, Felicia says to give her a call tomorrow and she’ll be glad to answer them.
    Kelly Luzier
    LBHA Treasurer
    treasurer@largeblackhogassociation.org

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Duane Luzier Duane Luzier.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: CI Calculation for registered hogs
Your information: