title

First Alaskan LBS

HOME Forums General First Alaskan LBS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Triple McLean Farms 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Member: AK
    Triple McLean Farms
    Participant

Just thought folks might be interested in how well the first Alaskan LBs are doing. We got them in August and they are thriving, -60 is not uncommon for this area of the state(Interior) and it has been wonderful to see them out in their pasture playing and running around at these temps. Very pleased with these guys, have two sows and one boar. We are hoping to spread the interest of these wonderful hogs in our neck of the woos, so far ,so good.

#17239 Reply
    Member: TX Epps
    Epps
    Participant

That is awesome, I have been up there 3 times. Anything and anyone that can live in those conditions is truly hardy.

#17240 Reply
    Triple McLean Farms
    Participant

Where in Alaska did you visit? Yeah, I figured this is pretty good news for all of us LB breeders, we now have fist hand knowledge of their hardiness and can pass that on to potential customers and other enthusiasts. Where do you live now Frank?

#17245 Reply
    Member: TX Epps
    Epps
    Participant

I am back in Texas now, after working out of state for over 25 years. We visited all around the Anchorage area from the Southern coast up to North of Denali. Two trips to the Peninsula-King Salmon area.

#17246 Reply

largebla
    Keymaster

I think it’s great that they are doing so well. I also know it isn’t just the hogs; their caretakers get lots of credit.

I wonder, after a few generations, will we have a new breed? Large Wooly Black hogs?

#17247 Reply
    Triple McLean Farms
    Participant

Never know, I will be sure to let you know if I start seeing any changes!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: First Alaskan LBS
Your information: