title

Hog Roasting

HOME Forums General Hog Roasting

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  largebla 5 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

largebla
    Keymaster

Hey, has anyone ever roasted a LBH, if so let me know about it.
    I have a feeder I’m raising and will be ready for the mid summer events.
    I want to roast this hog, and sell pulled pork to help get the word out about our Pork.
    So any way, drop a note and let me know what, and how you’ve roasted your LBH.
    Rhéaume’s Ranch LBH ❓

#18196 Reply
    Member: MO chhogs
    chhogs
    Participant

We did this for our son’s wedding a couple years ago. We had the butcher skin & quarter it for ease of handling PLUS he hung it for us. We picked it up the night before the event & then early on the morning of the wedding cooked it on a LARGE barbecue/grill. When I say large I mean one that is on it’s own trailer.

You need to know your state laws though on serving/selling food to others so check that out before you get too far down the planning route.

Liz

#18199 Reply

largebla
    Keymaster

Thanks Liz, here for Michigan for the most part its a event fee. But what I’m after here for information, is how you did it.
    My cousin roast a pretty good hog, but old school with a few ingredients i would care not to use.
    One because we are raising our on pasture and Organic, I don’t want to put any thing on them that takes away from that.
    What I want is for folks to taste the Pork that we are raising, so to optimize are potential for clients at such an event.
    Have Business cards and Brochures about our LBH and the farm.
    -Patrick

#18235 Reply
    chhogs
    Participant

Salt, garlic & pepper 🙂

Not sure I would roast the whole thing as that would detract from some of the attributes. You want folks to enjoy some sausage, bacon, chops, roast etc. Why don’t you talk with a local chef & see if he would be game to cook one up for you.

Liz

#18236 Reply

largebla
    Keymaster

I see 🙄 what you are saying, and thats a grand idea, it would not only let folks know about our LBH, but also highlight a local Chef.
    Thanks Liz. 😀

#18239 Reply
    chhogs
    Participant

Not only that but it would get the chefs in your area interested too. Chefs talk to each other & so if you can show one how good the LB meat is he will come back for more 🙂

Liz

#18240 Reply

largebla
    Keymaster

Yes indeeddy, and that what we want, we are working toward supply a few great restaurants, that would keep us busy.
    -Patrick

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Hog Roasting
Your information: