title

question about sore(s) on front legs

HOME Forums General question about sore(s) on front legs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Sweet-Brook Sweet-Brook 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Member: Colorado Sweet-Brook
    Sweet-Brook
    Participant

Hello from southwest Colorado!
    This is our first post on the board, however been here reading for nearly a year to learn all we can. We have two LBH as a breeding pair, both boar and guilt, they both have a small sore that excretes a clear yeasty smelling liquid near their elbows on their front legs.
    I cleaned them up and treated them with Blu coat and a shot of penicillin (just on the boar as his are larger). If anyone has an idea of what it may be. The sore (one on each leg) are in the same spots, the front inside of the legs 1 inch up from the joint, on both animals. They are in excellent health, and the guilt is in a piggy way!

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or lessons!

Michael and Sharon
    Sweetbrook Farm

#18560 Reply
    Sweet-Brook
    Participant

Well I gave him some antibiotic and it did not clear up, so tomorrow I will use Normomectin in case it is some parasite.

#18567 Reply
    Sweet-Brook
    Participant

Okay, we have an update on the sores. After a few good days of pig watching we found that the two of them were getting into an area were there was some barbed wire on the ground. The wire would twist up when they stepped on it in the grass and rub behind their front legs in about the same spots.
    So I did not give the second shot to them, 😀 YAY 😀 , they are healing up now and you can see that it was more than one sore on each leg.
    We are trying to avoid giving any shots to our Hogs and were worried that a parasite may have dug into their legs.

Michael and Sharon
    Sweetbrook Farm

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: question about sore(s) on front legs
Your information: